In October 2017 Carbon Tanzania’s application to become a member of Code REDD was accepted. We are now a part of a global network of REDD (Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation) project developers who, through their membership of this industry organisation, seek to support and scale the UN REDD+ framework to reach its full potential. Working with REDD+ professionals, policy makers, businesses, finance, NGOs and the public, the organisation is member-focused and promotes a range of activities and programmes which include Stand For Trees, a platform for promoting VCS-CCB certified schemes such as Carbon Tanzania’s Makame and Tanganyika projects, and REDD Talks where REDD+ project practitioners come together with policy makers and private sector players to advance the results-based forest conservation agenda.
- The World Green Economy Summit – a Reflection on the Worlds New Direction. December 6, 2017
- Is REDD+ working in the Yaeda Valley? December 5, 2017
- Code REDD December 5, 2017
- Carbon Measuring in Tanzania’s Wild West October 5, 2017
- Integrating Conservation with Development in the Greater Mahale Ecosystem October 5, 2017